The realm of eCommerce has opened a lot of doors for niche marketing, and with SEO, you can expand your horizons to capture viewers who would otherwise have never known your online business existed!
To make your niche perform as well as it possibly can, you need to follow some basic SEO tactics that will help to increase traffic to your website and improve your conversion rate, too.
Here are a few pointers for using good SEO practices in niche marketing:
* When writing content for your web pages, aim for a saturation of around 5% of your most relevant keywords. Anything more than that may be construed as Black Hat, or keyword stuffing, by the search engines and you could be penalized for it.
* If there is one thing the search engines love, it’s fresh content. So, make it a point to provide some fresh content every day in the form of blog articles or new products, sales and promotions with fresh content, etc. Be sure to use your prime keywords and good SEO for your content.
* If you are exchanging links with other online websites, first of all be sure that these websites are good quality and not ones that the search engines would consider bad company such as porn sites or keyword stuffed sites. Your links should use good SEO and use at least one of your best keywords.
* Use refined, long tail keyword phrases that will help get qualified traffic to your website. Think about the phrases that someone searching for your product would actually use. For instance, if you were selling outdoor swing sets, you might use the phrases “children’s swing set” or “outdoor play set” or something along that line. If you were selling wooden outdoor swing sets and other play equipment, you would definitely need to add the keywords “wooden” or “wood” to your keyword phrases.
* Adding ALT tags to the images on your website is a great way of getting the attention of the search engines. If you haven’t already done this, you should attend to it at your earliest convenience.